[mod-developers] Building plugins for MOD using Windows and MacOS

Filipe Coelho falktx at moddevices.com
Wed May 25 11:55:10 UTC 2016

Hello everyone.
I just wanted to mention a small development that some you of might
appreciate.

We've successfully built and deployed plugins for MOD using Windows.
(for MacOS it should work just the same)
We did this using Docker Toolbox [1], which gives us a Linux
command-line interface but without having to mess up with virtual
machines directly.
It's still running inside a virtual machine, but all the configuration
and setup are automatically done for us.

We also made a docker image of mod-plugin-builder, available directly
upstream.
This way you don't have to do the boostrap process, you can just import
the online docker image.

We have this documented in our wiki.
See
http://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/How_To_Build_and_Deploy_LV2_Plugin_to_MOD_Duo
and http://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/How_To_Use_Docker_Toolbox_With_MPB

Comments and questions are very welcome!